I don't know what it is but I'm a sucker for proposal stories. The other day at Trader Joe's the lady bagging my groceries ended up telling me her proposal story. It involved an ice penguin and the ring frozen inside. I said "I bet you ran to get the hair dryer" and she said "heck no, I started sucking on it." I don't know how I attract these people but we had a good laugh.
I came across these Christmas proposals online and thought they were worth sharing.
1. Wrap it in a large box and give it to her on Christmas. She won't be expecting it since a ring would normally be in a small sized box. You can fill the box with other romantic trinkets to throw her off more. Or you could fill it with peanuts (the styrofoam kind) and she'll have to search throw them to find the ring.
2. Play Santa and be sure to tell her what Santa wants for Christmas.... for her to be your wife!
3. Put it in her Christmas stocking. You can put a candy cane through it with a 'Will you marry me?' note attached.
4. Wrap it in box after box, ending with a big box with a big bow. If you've seen the movie 'Serendipity', you'll know what we mean.
5. Give her 5 wrapped boxes with a different word (will you marry me) in each box and the ring in the last box. Make sure she opens them in the correct order!
6. Spell it out on the roof (or side of your house) with Christmas lights. She'll be surprised to see your decorations this year!
7. Place strands of Christmas lights on your lawn spelling out "Will you marry me?" so that she sees it when she drives up.
8. While decorating the Christmas tree, put the ring around a glass ornament and hand it to her to hang on the tree.
9. Many cities decorate with lights for the holiday season as well as offer carriage rides through parks, the city center, etc. Take your sweetie on a carriage ride under the holiday lights on a cold night. You'll be able to snuggle together on a blanket in a romantic environment when you propose.
10. Place the ring in a small box with her name on it and hang it on a branch on the Christmas tree. Have some one 'find it' after all the other presents are opened. As she opens it, pop the question!
11. If you live in a warmer climate, create a magical holiday proposal with SnoWonder, which looks just like the real thing! What could be better than a snowy, romantic proposal?
12. Go to a park or downtown area that always has a great Christmas light display. Take him or her on a horse drawn carriage ride and snuggle up under a warm blanket together. Hire a Santa ahead of time and have him stop the carriage halfway through the display (preferably in a romantic area) and ask for your sweetie's name and then tell him/her that he has a little something for them. Have him pull box after box out, each one having a small toy. Finally, after several presents, have him find the real present with an "Oh, here it is." When he hands the ring box to her, get down on one knee and ask her to marry you.
13. Have a step stool ready and ask her to put the star on the top of the tree. When she climbs up, have the ring on the limbs by the top for her to find. When she finds it, grab her hand and ask her to marry you.
14. Hang the ring box like an ornament on the Christmas tree. After the last present has been opened, tell her there is one more surprise present for her that she needs to find on the tree. When she finds it and opens the box, be down on one knee.
15. Take her out to look at Christmas lights around the town. As your light viewing is coming to a close, take her to the top of a hill , where you have lights spelling out "marry me?".
16. Buy a personalized christmas ornament, such as the globe ornaments that have a saying on a piece of paper resting on some festive glitter inside. Have the message in the ornament say "Will you marry me?". Wrap it up like you would any christmas present and let your sweetie open it on Christmas day. As she is opening it you'll have plenty of time to fish that ring out of your pocket, and get on your knee of course!
17. On Christmas day, hang a mistletoe in the door way of your bedroom. After she's seen the mistletoe and you kiss, come back later and hange the ring in the middle of it. Then, when she goes to get something, follow her and stop her under it and say look at the mistletoe. When she looks up she will see it. Ask her to marry you, then share a kiss under the mistletoe again, your first as an engaged couple.
Do you have a holiday proposal to share?