SO...Dan's moving in next week (dun dun DUNNNN!), which is pretty exciting :-) I had a vision today of making some sort of sign/garland/decoration/etc. to welcome him into my apartment...AHEM!...our new space together. I love the ideas for the garlands you post. Any ideas that aren't too super girly that I could potentially keep hanging on my walls? I'm envisioning fun, lively decorations that are not just 'Welcome Dan!' and 'Welcome Married Life!' but also 'Welcome Summer!' Am I asking too much? :-)
The balloon garland you featured, though festive, wouldn't last more than a week. I don't have a sewing machine, so fabric flag garlands are out. I'm kinda loving this look, but of course I'm open to other suggestions.
Liezl, one word Confetti Systems (okay two). You could totally recreate this bad boy. But since I do recall how long it takes to make garlands, here are some easier ones you could pump out. My vote is for the pom poms with a text garland reading "You're the man Dan". It's welcoming, masculine and could be up all summer ;) I also like "Home Sweet Home".
What do you guys think?
1. Coffee filter garlands, dyed any color and cheap at your local Big Lots.
2. Paper garland, paper...glue stick...string. Bada boom bada bing!
3. Japanese masking tape garland. You know you want an excuse to buy some!
4. These paper flags could easily be tied onto bakers twine. Move over BHLDN!
5. Pom pom garland. Make your own yarn poms, or buy a pack of colorful ones at Michaels.
6. Have a pack of paper straws? String them together for a fun striped garland.
7. Everlasting ribbon garland, you can't go wrong with Martha.
8. Free printable V-Day garlands, "U R Loved" is my fav!
9. Love garlands, does it can any better than that?